Updated: April 4, 2022
We want everyone who visits the Siteimprove website and uses our platform to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding.
To help us ensure a positive experience for everyone, we've been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user-friendly for everyone.
The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA, and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for the Siteimprove website and platform.
By ensuring a Level AA accessibility conformance, we allow for assistive technology such as screen readers, braille displays, plugins, and browser extensions to add further functionality needed by the individual user.
How are we doing?
The Siteimprove website (siteimprove.com) is considered to be WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliant.
All new product features released on the Siteimprove platform are built to be WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliant.
A series of older features still require improvements to bring them up to the standard. Currently, the majority of all functionality is accessible, and we are actively working towards compliance for our entire product suite and browser extensions.
For an updated overview of what we are working on improving, please refer to our Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT).
What are we doing?
At Siteimprove we are committed to ensuring a good experience for all users, and we have taken several measures to achieve this:
- We have established a central team responsible for driving accessibility efforts
- We have stated our commitment to accessibility in internal employee policies
- We offer accessibility training to all employees
- We have developed an internal design system of reusable components that have been holistically tested for accessibility
- We use our own automated accessibility checks for testing everything we build
- We have accessibility professionals conduct adhoc manual audits
- We give out a monthly Accessibility Award to internal teams that have made a special effort to ensure our products are inclusive; this improves our own culture around building accessible products
Upon request, Siteimprove will arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities in a timely manner that takes into account each person’s accessibility needs due to disability.
We would love your feedback
If you enjoyed using the Siteimprove website or our products, or if you encountered trouble with any parts of it, please let us know. While we're working hard to fully achieve and maintain our goal of Level AA accessibility, we realize there are always opportunities to improve. You can contact us in any of the following ways to discuss:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us at +1 855 748 3467
- Get in touch with us via our contact page
The Siteimprove Accessibility Pledge
We champion global inclusion by empowering people to do more through digital accessibility, which is at the heart of our company.
We are committed to ensuring that digital solutions and content developed, or acquired, by Siteimprove meet a high level of accessibility. This means either conformance with level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 or ensuring that the solutions are effective, efficient, engaging, error-tolerant, and easy to learn for users of all abilities.
We pledge that should a conflict arise between release deadlines, aesthetics, and the production of accessible solutions and content that accessibility will remain a priority.