Siteimprove releases eighth CSR report
Jun 21, 2019 - By Jessica O'Sullivan-Munck
Copenhagen, Denmark – 21 June 2019 – Siteimprove today released its 2018 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report, published in accordance with the United Nations Global Compact, which Siteimprove has been a member of since 2010.
Available for viewing online, the report features case studies, articles and tables illustrating the company's CSR-driven performance during 2018.
“It’s with great pleasure that we present Siteimprove’s CSR report, highlighting our support of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). As we approach 2030, the SDGs are gaining global momentum, and in 2018 we further outlined and solidified our contributions to the global goals,” said Morten Ebbesen, Siteimprove Founder and CEO.
Priority areas within Siteimprove’s CSR work include digital inclusion, accessibility testing and reporting, and retaining excellent talent.
The 2018 report features the company’s progress toward achieving its long-term CSR goals, including:
- Contributing to SDGs 4, 10, and 17; quality education, reducing inequalities, and partnerships, as they align with core business and expertise.
- Updating the Accessibility State of the Globe Report, which benchmarks the level of digital inclusion worldwide, to champion the rights of people regardless of ability.
- Contributing to the ongoing establishment of internationally recognized accessibility guidelines through progress made in the WAI-Tools project.
“CSR is an important part of Siteimprove’s strategy, and by integrating it into our business on all levels we are better able to serve our customers and continue to shape the company’s future” said Camilla Simonsen, Chief Operating Officer for Siteimprove.
Highlights of the report include:
- Introduction of new frameworks for volunteering and community engagement.
- Completion of an accessibility course in Siteimprove’s learning platform Academy by 7205 Siteimprove users and 189 Siteimprove employees.
- 97% of revenue from customers with an Accessibility product as part of their Siteimprove suite.
- Successful establishment of a partnership with the European Disability Forum (EDF).
- Participation in the UN’s Conference of State Parties (COSP) to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).
- Development of Accessibility World Map, an interactive map that compares the accessibility of websites around the world.
- Named one of the top workplaces in Minnesota by Star Tribune for the fourth consecutive year.
Siteimprove’s next CSR report will be released in June 2020.