point SEO score increase since new website launch
reduction in overall page count
increase in daily site search volume
Turning an information graveyard into a streamlined site
Springfield Clinic, one of Illinois’ largest, private, multispecialty medical groups, has been serving patients for over 80 years. Today, they encompass more than 650 physicians and advanced practice providers, delivering care in over 80 specialties and subspecialties across 90 locations.
To further their mission of improving health, providing value, and serving their community, they turned to Siteimprove to help modernize and streamline their website.
“Before partnering with Siteimprove, our website was a graveyard of information that required a lot of digging and clicking to get where you needed to go. We had below average quality assurance, accessibility, and SEO scores”
Director of Digital Products
“Our goal was to increase Springfield Clinic’s digital footprint, but, to do that, we first had to rebuild our site from the ground up and leave the outdated web framework behind.” Siteimprove helped Springfield Clinic deliver a highly optimized new website that feels welcoming, efficient, and easy to use for patients and staff alike.
Serious SEO success
Since the 2021 midyear launch of the new site, Springfield Clinic has seen a 10-point SEO score increase from 76.76 to 86.7, bringing their site into the 91st percentile when it comes to search engine optimization. An increase like this is no easy feat, as it can take many months for site improvements to register.
In addition to significantly boosting their SEO score, Springfield Clinic won the 2022 eHealthcare Leadership Award for Best Site in the Physician/Clinician-Focused Site category, thanks to their new data-driven strategy and mobile-first experience.
Other notable site improvements include:
- A staging server where content managers can review suggested fixes from the Siteimprove platform, make optimizations, and complete quality assurance checks before content is presented to the public.
- Thorough accessibility checks led by Siteimprove’s in-house experts.
- Improved site search functionality in place of overwhelming menu navigation.
- A 30% increase in daily search volume (from 677 to 1,002 average daily searches).
- A 60% reduction in overall pages (2,500 pages down to 990) resulting in more focused search results.
- Online appointment booking that offers increased access and convenience for patients.
A foundation for future excellence
With an award-winning website now in place and continued partnership with Siteimprove for ongoing optimization, Springfield Clinic is on track to achieve SEO, QA, and accessibility scores of 90 within the next year. These scores translate to improved experiences for real people, and Siteimprove is proud to play a part in Springfield Clinic’s journey to better serve their community.