Privacy Notice: Usage of Siteimprove Intelligence Platform
Updated: April 2022
Siteimprove A/S with company reg.no: 2553701 (“Siteimprove”), and its subsidiaries (collectively, the “Siteimprove Group” or “we” or “us” or “our”), are responsible for the processing of your personal data in accordance with current legislation.
1. When is this Notice applicable?
Siteimprove respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it. The purpose of this Notice is to in a transparent way describe what data we collect, for what purpose it is collected, the legal basis for our processing, in what way you can control your data and how you can get in contact with us.
This Notice describes how we process the data of individuals who:
- register as users to access the Siteimprove Intelligence Platform and make use of the services (hereinafter the “Service(s)”) which are available for subscription
2. When is this notice not applicable?
This Notice is not applicable to our practices in connection with collecting Crawl- and Analytics based data from customers websites (“Subscription Data”). When collecting Subscription Data, Siteimprove’s security and privacy practices is governed by our Master Subscription Agreement together with belonging Data Processing Agreement, or other equivalent agreement that grants the customer's organization access to the Services.
At customers’ authorization, Siteimprove will run our Services on customer’s website. If you want to know more about how we process data in the capacity of a data processor. Siteimprove encourages all our customers to conclude a DPA with Siteimprove.
If you do not accept your personal data being processed in accordance with this Notice, we ask you to refrain from using our Services or in any other aspect interact with our business.
3. How does Siteimprove define Personal Data?
All processing of personal data within Siteimprove takes place in accordance with applicable personal data legislation. Within the EU/EEA, as of 25 May 2018, the so-called Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies.
“Personal data” as defined in the GDPR and “personal information” as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) shall have the same meaning as in the respective legislation. Hereinafter both are referred to as “Personal Data”.
4. Who is responsible for processing my Personal Data?
The Siteimprove affiliate with which you either communicate, that is operating the website you are visiting, or is located in your country of residence, is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data (i.e. the data controller). Contact information for each of those affiliates is listed here: https://www.siteimprove.com/contact/
5. What Personal Data does Siteimprove process?
Information that you provide to us when you register to utilize our Services:
- Phone number
- Job title
- E-mail address
- Company name
- Billing information
6. For what purposes does Siteimprove process Personal Data?
- Technical Support: Processes Personal Data of users in order to setup log-in to the Siteimprove Intelligence Platform and enable access, to configure the Siteimprove Intelligence Platform in accordance with user preferences, to create custom reporting, and to respond to user’s requests for technical support.
- Customer Success and Customer Experience: Processes Personal Data of users to provide them with on-boarding, guidance, in-platform help etc.
- Development: Processes Personal Data in order to facilitate users’ participation in testing of new features within the Siteimprove Intelligence Platform.
- Finance: Processes Personal Data of customers and users in order to facilitate the sending of invoices and receipt of payment.
7. What is the legal basis for Siteimprove’s processing of Personal Data (EEA only)?
The legal basis for processing Personal Data varies depending on the specific purposes for the processing activities.
Siteimprove only processes your Personal Data where it is necessary and when we have a legal basis for processing. We use the following legal basis when processing:
- When you provide your consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose
- When it is necessary for the performance of the contract on the purchase of the Siteimprove Intelligence Platform between customers and Siteimprove
- When we have a professional or legitimate interest such as research and development of the Services
- When we must process the data in order to comply with legal obligations
8. Does Siteimprove share personal data with third parties?
Siteimprove does not sell your Personal Data. Further, Siteimprove does not share your Personal Data with third parties for other purposes than specified in this Privacy Notice. Siteimprove may however share personal data with third party (hereinafter “Suppliers”) to perform tasks on our behalf, such as in-platform help and payment processing.
The performance of these services may entail that Siteimprove’s Suppliers, both within the EU/EEA and outside the EU/EEA, gain access to your personal data. These Suppliers process personal data on our behalf in accordance with written data processing agreements and our instructions. The Suppliers who gain access to your personal data are not given any right to use your personal data for purposes other than what is stated in this Privacy Notice. To find out more about the specific Siteimprove Suppliers, you can send a request to email@example.com.
Whenever your personal data is processed in locations outside of EU/EAA, Siteimprove will take relevant precautions and ensure that the receiving Supplier provides an adequate level of protection of your data. In these cases, the following transfer mechanism might be used:
- The recipient country has an adequacy decision from the European Commission (approved third country)
- Standard contractual data protection clauses approved by the European Commission
9. How long does Siteimprove retain Personal Data?
Siteimprove will not store Personal Data for a longer period than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they have been collected. We will store your Personal Data as long as you are using our Services. Some information can be retained longer when required due to legal requirements.
10. What rights do I have to the Personal Data processed by Siteimprove?
- You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and have the processing of your personal data restricted.
- You have an unconditional right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- If processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before you withdrew your consent. You may withdraw your consent by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising these rights.
- You may always lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, e.g. The Danish Data Protection Agency.
Be advised that there may be legal conditions or limitations on these rights. If you wish to inquire about or exercise your right to the above rights, contact us at: email@example.com.
11. Does Siteimprove collect sensitive data and children’s personal data?
Through providing it’s the Services, Siteimprove does not seek to collect any sensitive data (e.g., health or sex life information; political opinions or religious/philosophical beliefs; trade-union membership; or racial or ethnic origin). Further on, we do not knowingly collect any personal data from children under the age of 16.
12. Is this the latest version of the Privacy Notice?
Siteimprove reserves the right to revise this Privacy Notice from time to time. The date of the last change is stated at the beginning of the Privacy Notice. You are therefore advised to read this Privacy Notice regularly to be aware of any changes.
13. How can I contact you?
If you want to know more or have any questions about the processing of your Personal Data by Siteimprove or the information in this Notice, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Att: Legal Team
DK-1561 København V Denmark